Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Surprise Correspondence

Believers,

It's only been a couple of days, but I had to bring you up to date on what has been happening since my last post.

I had mentioned before that I suspected this blog might have already been discovered by the people of Pale Forest.  Well, now there can be no doubt of it.  Today, in my inbox, I found a short, rather cryptic email from an unknown source.  I have included it in its entirety (with the email addresses removed), though doing so might prove less than wise.

To: xxxxxx
From: xxxxxx
We know you've been looking around the mill and have seen your silly posts.  You are already unpopular here.  Don't make it worse.  
We are watching you.  Always.
What this means I am unsure.  Could this simply be someone playing a prank?  I suppose so.  It could also be someone at the mill who doesn't care for publicity.  I've already shared how secretive most of the residents of Pale Forest can be.  Still, this is unnerving to say the least.  I have not returned to the mill since my first trip, though, so if that was the point, this email really wasn't necessary.

This won't be the end of the blog.  There is still too much to say for an email to scare me off completely.  I will be careful, though, as it seems the idea that something is off in this town isn't completely crazy.  There is at least one person who would rather me keep silent.

I will be back in a few days.  There is still the matter of the forest and the "creature" to discuss.

Until next time...